Monday, August 13, 2012

MCS Mid-Ohio Testing

So an update from the last post.  Went to MidOhio to get some testing done with these new MCS gizmos.  My initial impressions are that these shocks absorb imperfections in the track way better than my prior Moton Street Sport Doubles.  Im not a suspension engineer, but the valving profiles might be softer?  The only way I can describe it is that it feels like Im driving a "Cadillac" in that the car feels less upset and smoother.  This allowed for easier (and earlier) power application.  I toyed around with different rear spring rate and that can be apparent when you look at the Sunday video compared to the Saturday (oversteer central!)

I was not able to do a lot of testing since it was wet the first day but I did get enough time under the suspension to finish on the podium in 2nd place behind Josh Smith (who is also on MCS).  On Sunday, I finished the same, but due to a weight snafu, I was DQd!  First DQ ever by the way and it was something nutty (70# under prior day with exact same setup).  

So one more race weekend left before Nationals at Summit Point this coming weekend.  Im going to try to do some more testing and fine tuning.

Here are the race videos from the weekend: 


No comments:

Post a Comment